1. Who we are
Thanks for visiting Tre’dish! Tre’dish is a community-based technology platform through which chefs operating independent home kitchen microenterprises, can advertise and sell their homemade dishes out of the comfort of their own home.
2. Scope of policy
This policy describes how Tred’ish Inc. and its affiliated entities (“Tre’dish”, “we”, “us”, and/or “our”) handle the personal information we collect from and about you when you use this website (the “Site”); use related mobile applications, features, and services we may offer (collectively with the Site, the “Services”); engage with us through our newsletters, emails, and branded social media accounts; or otherwise interact with us. It also describes certain legal rights you may have, subject to applicable law, and how you can exercise them.
For purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” means information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual (such as a name, email address, or photograph), or as otherwise defined under applicable law. Some information that is automatically disclosed to us or collected by us through your use of our Services meets this definition.
By using our Services, you confirm you have agreed to the Tre’dish Site Terms, and/or Chef Agreement, as applicable and to the extent permitted by law, and have read and understood this policy.
This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties, including the home chefs (“Chefs”), who may also collect or receive Personal Information in connection with your use of the Services. Our Chefs are independent businesses offering their products and services through Tre’dish. When you purchase meals on Tre’dish, you are buying directly from the Chef. We facilitate the payment on behalf of the Chef and transmit your order information to the Chef on your behalf. Although we require Chefs to comply with applicable laws, limit the amount of Personal Information we disclose to them, and expect them to meet our high standards for privacy and security, we do not control the Chefs from whom you make a purchase. We encourage you to let us know if you have feedback on the privacy practices of one of our Chefs.
We have designated a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this policy. The Privacy Officer may be contacted as described below.
The type of Personal Information we collect depends on how you interact with us and which services you use.
— Information you give us directly
We collect information that you voluntarily provide in the following ways:
• Applying to be a Tre’dish Chef. When you apply to be a Chef, we require that you provide us with an array information as part of our screening process. This includes your name, email address, country of residence and zip code, age, biographical information, reason for wanting to become a Chef, and information relating to the cuisine you cook and your kitchen and delivery readiness. You may also choose to provide us with certain optional information as part of your application such as a headshot and links to your social media accounts (for instance, you may wish to provide a link to your LinkedIn or Instagram account which includes photos of meals you have prepared). If and when we undertake additional vetting or background checks, our background check service provider may collect additional information about you including your government-issued identification and information about your driving history and criminal convictions or offenses. Your consent to the collection of such additional information will be requested at that time, in accordance with applicable law. If your Chef application is approved, you may be required to submit additional information demonstrating that you have appropriate licensing and insurance measures in place before you are allowed to create a Chef account.
• Setting Up an Account and Populating Your Profile. When you create an account on the Tre’dish Site and populate your profile, we collect certain information. If you are a Chef, we collect your name, email address and other contact information, and the username and a hashed password you create in order to log in. We also allow you to personalize your profile by providing additional information such as a profile photo, your city, any biographical information you choose to share, and photo and video content of your choosing (including depictions of yourself, your staff, your family and friends, and the meals you prepare). If you are a Tre’dish customer (“Customer”), we collect your name, email address and other contact information, and the username and hashed password you create in order to log in. We also allow you to personalize your account by adding additional information such as a profile photo, delivery addresses of your choice, foods you enjoy, and any allergies. Please note that certain profile information may be visible to other Tre’dish users.
• Making a Purchase. If you choose to purchase meals or other products or services through Tre’dish, you will be required to provide our third-party payment processor with information such as your name, payment card details, and billing address in order to facilitate payment.
• Contacting Us. When you contact us by email, telephone, or SMS; through our branded social media accounts; or through any integrated chat providers we may offer, we may collect your name, username, email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of your communication which can include any information you choose to provide. We will only use that information for the purpose of providing the service or support requested.
• Signing Up to Receive Communications from Us, Subscribing to Our Blog, or Completing a Survey. When you engage in any of these activities, we may collect your name, email address and other contact details, areas of expertise, interests, and any information you provide to us as part of that request (such as information about your satisfaction with our Services in response to a survey).
• Registering for an Event, Competition, or Webinar. If you register for an event, competition, or webinar we host or sponsor, we may collect Personal Information from you including your name, email address and other contact information, and any specific information relevant to the event for which you are registering.
• Posting User-Generated Content. We collect any information that you provide to us when you post photos or videos or write comments or reviews. This can include any information you choose to share.
• Inviting Others to Use Tre’dish or Sending a Gift Card. We allow you to invite others to use Tre’dish. If you do this or are invited in this way, we will collect and store the invitee’s name and email address in order to enable us to send an invitation. We will also let the invitee know who invited them to use Tre’dish and allow them to request that their information be deleted from our systems. Similarly, if you purchase a gift card for another person, we will collect the recipient’s name and email address in order to enable us to send the gift card.
• Applying to Work with Us. If you apply to work with us, we will collect any information you choose to share in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, physical address, employment history, and education history.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Service
We also collect certain information automatically as you navigate our Service.
• Log Data. Like many websites, Tre’dish’s Site collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This may include information about the address of the web page visited before and after using our Service; details about your interactions with our Service (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages or features accessed during your visits); search terms used to reach our Service; and other usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Service). We use this information to help us design and administer our Site, improve our Services, and gather broad demographic information that helps us identify visitor preferences. We may collect some of this information using cookies. For more information, please see the discussion of “Cookies” below.
• Device Information. We may collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including your internet protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser version and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and or internet service provider or your mobile carrier.
• Location Information. We may collect GPS or general location information inferred from your IP address. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
• Transaction Information. We collect information related to any transactions made through our Services, including date and time of order, items ordered, delivery information, amount charged, and customer ID.
• Communications Information. We may offer messaging features that allow Chefs and Customers to communicate with each other and with Tre’dish through our Site and Services (without disclosing their personal contact information to each other). To provide this functionality, Tre’dish may receive some data regarding the communications, including the date and time of the message and the content of the communication. Tre’dish may use this data for customer service purposes (such as resolving disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and the Services, and for analytics.
Information we collect from other sources
• Payment Processors. In general, when you purchase meals through Tre’dish, your payment card information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor, Stripe, and Tre’dish does not collect or store that information. However, we may have access to limited information about your payment card from Stripe, such as the last four digits of our card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
• Publicly Available Sources and Other Third Parties. We may obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, including public records, publicly available information on internet sites, and third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records.
• Another Tre’dish User. We may collect your Personal Information from another Tre’dish user if that user provides us with your email address in order to invite you to try Tre’dish or to send you a Tre’dish gift card. If you are a Chef, we may also collect information about your meals and your service from Customers who have ordered from you. We collect this information in order to maintain our high standards of quality.
• Social Media Platforms. We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow you to share content on our Site with third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. If you choose to use these social sharing features, the provider of the third-party social media platform may make certain information available to us. This can include information necessary to facilitate the integration as well as any additional information the provider chooses to share with us or which you have permitted the provider to share through your privacy settings. We encourage you to check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these third-party social media platforms to understand what information might be shared with us.
• Other Third Parties. We may collect information from other third parties we may consult to verify Chefs’ identify, background information, eligibility to work, licensing, insurance coverage, or for other regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
We may combine the information we collect about you from various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• To administer the application process, including verifying the information you provide, determining if you meet the criteria necessary to become a Chef, and contacting you in relation to your application;
• To enable you to make and receive payments through the Services;
• To communicate with you regarding Customer orders.
• to show you the availability of products and services in your area;
• to take and process your orders;
• to provide and deliver requested products and services;
• to communicate with you regarding your orders;
• to authenticate your identity and process your payment through our third-party payment processors;
• to open an account for you and identify you when you sign in;
• to respond to or follow-up regarding any comments, requests, inquiries, and suggestions you submit to us;
• to monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
• to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• to identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
• to protect us, you and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests; and
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may use third-party suppliers to provide some or all of the above products and services, including our online ordering, delivery, website hosting, and payment processing service providers. We and those third parties will collect and exchange your Personal Information for the above purposes.
The above collections, uses and disclosures are a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with us. We might also collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to personalize your experience with us;
• to send you information regarding our products, services and promotions, and regarding the Chefs’ products, services and promotions;
• to allow us, the Chefs and other third parties to offer additional or alternate products and services to you;
• to evaluate and improve our products and services, and the products and services of the Chefs;
• to post testimonials, with your consent;
• to enroll you in rewards programs, to administer those rewards programs, and to provide your Personal Information to our service providers connected with those rewards programs;
• to invite you to participate in surveys, contests or events, and to allow you to participate in those surveys, contests and events; and
• to carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
You may instruct us to refrain from using or sharing your Personal Information in any or all of the optional ways described above at any time by providing written notification to our Privacy Officer. Sharing of your Personal Information in any or all of the ways described above is at your option and we will not refuse you access to any product or service merely because you have advised us to stop using or sharing your Personal Information in any or all of those ways.
6. Privacy Questions and Complaints
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
• Companies under common control. We may share data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with Tre’dish.
• Vendors and service providers. We may share Personal Information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as payment card processing, website hosting, location mapping, and analytics. We require that our service providers refrain from using and disclosing your information except to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide these services or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
• Chefs. If you make a purchase from a Chef using Tre’dish, we will share your order information with the Chef, including whether your payment was successful, so that the Chef can process your order. Your payment card information is not shared with the Chef, nor is information about purchases you have made with other Chefs. If the Chef will be delivering your order to you, we will also provide your chosen delivery address. If you require customer assistance or you have a dispute with a Chef or with us regarding an order, Tre’dish and the Chef may share relevant information, which may include Personal Information, in order to address the issue. In limited situations, we may share fraud detection and other investigations information with a Chef.
• Business transfers. We may share Personal Information with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
• Legal requirements. We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to protect Tre’dish’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
• Consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information. • Social Media Platforms. Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow users to share information from their Tre’dish account with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional.
• Public. Our Service allows you to make certain information publicly available to others. For instance, the information in your profile page, including your profile photo, username, city, biographical information, and any photos or videos you publish will be accessible to others. Similarly, reviews, ratings, and any other public feedback you post may be read, collected, stored, or used by others. If you post information on one of our social media accounts, your post may be seen by other visitors including the contents of your post and your username.
• Other Third Parties: We may share your Personal Information with Other Third Parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics, and other services, in order to help us reach individuals with relevant ads and measure our ad campaigns, or to better understand how individuals interact with our Services and other online services over time and across devices.
We may also aggregate or de-identify information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various purposes including compliance with various reporting obligations; for business or marketing purposes; or to assist third parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
7. Your Rights and Choices
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your Personal Information.
• Opting out of promotional messages. You can opt out of receiving our promotional emails, text messages, telephone calls, and mailings at any time. You may do so by informing us of your preferences at the time you sign up for a Tre’dish account, when contacting our customer service team, by modifying your promotional preferences online in your account’s management section, adjusting your text and notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings, or by following the opt-out instruction in the promotional emails we send you. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. If you opt out of receiving such communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
• Restricting cookies/Do Not Track. Tre’dish does not change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
• Limiting Information in Your Tre’dish Profile. You can control the information we collect about you by limiting what information you provide in your Tre’dish profile.
• Limiting Information Available Through Social Media Platforms. If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from third-party social media platforms, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we may make available.
• Updating or Deleting Your Information. If you wish, you can remove certain optional information that you longer want to be publicly available, such as your profile photo or your biographical information. To update or delete information we maintain about you or to close your account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may keep certain Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also keep cached archived copies of Personal Information for a certain period of time.
• Accessing Your Information. You have a right to access your Personal Information held by us. Upon written request to our Privacy Officer and authentication of your identity, we will provide you your Personal Information under our control. We will also give you information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so if permitted by law. We will make the information available within 30 days of receiving a written request or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request. In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain Personal Information (e.g., if disclosure would reveal Personal Information about another individual, the Personal Information is protected by solicitor/client privilege, the information was collected for the purposes of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that could harm the competitive position of us). We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain Personal Information. Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
8. Cross-Border Transfers
Personal Information we collect may be stored and processed for any of the above purposes in Canada, the United States, or any country where we have operations or where we engage vendors or services providers. These locations may not have the same data protection laws as the jurisdiction in which you originally provided the data. By using our Service or submitting your Personal Information to us, you agree to such transfers.
You may contact our Privacy Officer (whose contact information is provided below) to obtain information about our policies and practices regarding our transfer of Personal Information outside of Canada or the United States, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of Personal Information by us or our foreign service providers.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where:
• the information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
• we are obtaining legal advice; or
• we reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding.
Other exceptions may apply.
Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your Personal Information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
ou may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to us. On receipt of notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include the inability of us to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
We will not collect Personal Information indiscriminately but will limit collection of Personal Information to that which is reasonable and necessary for the purposes set out above. We will also collect Personal Information as authorized by law.
We will keep Personal Information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision, except to the extent that you delete or remove that information yourself.
We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing Personal Information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for a legal or business purpose.
We will take due care when destroying Personal Information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of Personal Information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
When a challenge regarding the accuracy of Personal Information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the Personal Information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
12. Safeguarding Personal Information
We protect the Personal Information in our custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of protection is implemented by the suppliers and agents who assist in providing services to us. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. Tre’dish cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.
13. California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, California law requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information.
• Notice of Collection. Although the information we collect is described in greater detail in Section 4 (Collection) above, the categories of Personal Information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – including in the past 12 months are:
• Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Personal Information. We collect each category of Personal Information listed above for the business or commercial purposes described in Section 5 (Purposes) above.
• Categories of Sources of Personal Information. We collect each category of Personal Information listed above directly from you, through automatic data collection means, or through the third-party sources described in Section 4 (Collection) above.
• Categories of Personal Information Disclosed. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of Personal Information listed above in the circumstances described in Section 6 (Sharing and Disclosure) section above.
• Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information. We may share each category of Personal Information listed above with the third parties described in Section 6 (Sharing and Disclosure) above.
• Right to Know. California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of Personal Information that we have collected about them, the categories of sources for that Personal Information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
• Right to Opt-Out. Tre’dish does not sell Personal Information to third parties for monetary value. However, the term “sale” is defined broadly in the CCPA. To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include any of the data uses described in Section 5 (Purposes) above (including certain data collection on our Services by third parties for the purposes of interest-based advertising), California residents are entitled to opt out of the “sale” of their data at any time. To opt-out please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not knowingly sell Personal Information about users under the age of 16.
• Deletion. You may request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please be aware that we may keep certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. To exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com or using our contact information below.
• Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. To verify the request, we may contact you directly.
• Right to Non-Discrimination. Limiting use of, or deleting, your Personal Information may affect features and uses that rely on that information. However, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including denying you goods or services, providing you with a different level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates for services.
• Financial Incentives. We may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or participate in other activities such as completing a survey. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect Personal Information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your Personal Information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you. You may opt out of the incentive by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Shine the Light. California Civil Code § 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are over the age of 13, but under the age of majority where you live, you may only use our Services with the involvement and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a California resident under 18 years old, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site. Please note that we may not be able to remove content or information completely, for example, if it has been re-posted by another user. To request removal of content or information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
We may provide links to third-party websites, services, and applications that are not operated or controlled by Tre’dish. This policy does not apply to the privacy practices of those third parties. The fact that we link to a website, service, or application is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party service before providing any Personal Information to or through them.
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or in the law. If we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated policy on our website and indicate when it was last revised. You are advised to review this policy periodically to stay informed of our practices. If we make material changes, we will provide you with additional notice, such as posting a statement on our homepage or sending you an email notification, if we have your email address on file. Your continued use of the Services after the revised policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this policy, to the extent permitted by law.
17. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about our policy or how we protect your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.